Reddit user HOLOGRAPHIC_UNIVERSE posed a very interesting question about which conspiracy theories, if proven 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt to be true, would have the most profound impact on society.
Which of these five do you find the most frightening and/or the potential to have the most profound effect on keeping humanity…”compliant”…for lack of a better word.
Seven conspiracy theories, as voted on by redditors, that could potentially spark a societal breakdown of unprecedented proportions
- That 9/11 was actually an inside job. Probably because Americans might get motivated enough to revolt.
- The Roswell UFO crash. Finding proof of life outside of our planet, especially life intelligent enough to build a craft and travel here, would be one of the most important discoveries to date.
- Stargate program is real. Working and having alliances with alien races? All the weapons technology? All that space travel technology?
- The aliens creating the pyramid, and thoth’s spaceship under the sphinx
- The one world government thing. I think once exposed, they already would have so much power they would have no choice but to instantly crack down like a fascist police state in order to keep it.
- I think finding out the moon landing were faked would be huge. Not because of broken trust or anything, but because it means the government can create a huge lie on the national/international level and keep it a secret for 50 years.
- If the cold fusion verification experiments in ’89 were falsified to keep the status quo energy sector in power. The promise of cold fusion is unlimitted energy at virtually no cost – an instant way to quash all reasoning for the current artificial scarcity we’re experiencing. The large body of peer reviewed studies have since proven SOMETHING is going on, as evidenced by the presence of new elements not present at the start of the experiment – ie. transmutation.
A coworker of mine has an interesting theory about humanity.
Basically, we were once a super advanced race living on Mars, however a giant war erupted and nuclear bombs were used to wipe out the majority of humanity. The remaining 100,000 people got into a spaceship (the Moon) and flew it (I repeat, the Moon) to Earth. They then lived in a cave in Turkey for 2 generations until everyone alive had forgotten this had happened.
She knows this to be true, because they sent sound waves to the Moon and found out it was hollow. Sound waves. To the Moon. 250,000 miles away. In space. Which is a vacuum. To prove that it’s hollow. But NASA is covering it up. Luckily, she read it on some Ancient Aliens website or some bullshit, so she knows the truth.
What conspiracy would you like to see be “proven” at some point in your lifetime? Which one would freak you out the most?